In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Cycling is one of the most popular and exciting sports both nationwide and within our community today. SJ Cycling has seen an exponential growth over the last two years starting from a small band of brothers to over a hundred registered cyclists across all age groups and abilities.
SJ Cycling is now well established as the leading sport within our community, thanks to an astonishing range of successes across the AAWA L2B 2019, Ramadhan Relief 2020, AAWA Sportive 2020 and the creation and successes of Team SJ Cycling.
As a club and a community, we have to recognize and appreciate Mohamed Ladha, who has been truly instrumental in founding and driving the successes of SJ Cycling. On behalf of each of the riders and the community at large, I would like to record our deepest appreciation and pray to Allah (SWT) to reward him abundantly for his remarkable services to SJ Cycling. Ameen.
As I take the reins from Mohamed, we will focus on leveraging the strong foundations that have already been laid over the past two years by adding more building blocks to an already fantastic cycling club. Our commitments are:
- Continue to grow the membership with an increased number of volunteers, who can drive participation, provide a strong voice on behalf of all cyclists and actively promoting their needs.
- Establish clear development and progression pathway
- Nurture and develop our youths and new riders
- Expand and mature our training and delivery model
- Build stronger partnerships with key external organizations
- Continue to drive fundraising projects for key events. This will only be achieved through our partnership with WF-AID.
Looking to the future, our challenge is to continue to thrive in this new era and expand in a sustainable manner, making the most of the opportunities offered to us. More people than ever before, in every walk of life, now know more about cycling and want to get involved. We are determined to welcome you, encourage you and work with you to move our sport forward.
We look forward to have your continued support by working with us to achieve our commitments and pray to Allah (swt) to give us the strength to succeed in this endeavor.
Head of SJ Cycling