Countdown for MAMT has started with less than three weeks to go. SJFA will be represented by 126 players participating across 6 tiers.
As with previous years we are confident that this year’s event in the new location of Birmingham will be filled with memorable moments that reinforce the spirt and brotherhood of SJFA.
Please find below information, details and team selections.
Goals @ Star City, 100 Watson Rd, Birmingham B7 5SA
Saturday 24th August 2019
Registration and Timings
ALL players and coaches MUST be at the venue at 8.00am at the very latest. Please ensure all players have a good rest on Friday night as it will be a long day on Saturday. Whilst kick off is not until 9.00am, ALL players/coaches MUST be at the venue before 8.00am allowing the coaches to carry out the necessary preparations and avoiding any last minute chasing and running around.
8.00am – Players Arrive/Breakfast
8.20am – Opening Speeches and Referees’ briefing
9.00am – Matches Commence Promptly
Please note SJFA kit is mandated on the day and players without the official kit will not be able to represent the SJFA on the day. We will not have any spare kits on the day.
- Top: BLACK (GK: Orange or Green where required)
- Shorts: WHITE
- Socks: Black
- Please do not forget SHIN PADS and Correct Boots
- NO SHINPADS NO PLAY. If Shin Pads are not worn, this could jeopradise the entire team not being allowed to participate in the tournament
In addition to the SJ kit / attire, please ensure the players bring necessary clothing (track suit etc) according to weather conditions.
Rules & Footwear
Please see COEJ/MAMT Rules and Regulations.
Many of our players normally play with Rubber Blades and historically we have witnessed players from various teams/jamaats wearing these in MAMT and have not been stopped. However, all players normally wearing Rubber Blades , please also bring another set of allowed footwear as per chart attached. The last thing we want is to jeopardise our participation and efforts due to incorrect footwear. All players should read through the rules and familiarise themselves with the details.
Food & Drink
Whilst lunch will be served, please ensure players bring sufficient drinks/fluid/food of own choice in addition, as it is going to be a long day.
SJFA has always enjoyed a massive support from parents during the games and we are confident this tournament will be no different. We need your maximum support to lift the players and the teams. However, SJFA would like to send out a humble request to all parents.
- During the games, whilst cheering, please be mindful that the coaches are giving the directions to the players and we need to respect that. Amongst all noise and cheering, it is difficult for the players to differentiate who the call is coming from and hence the message can be diluted and it can cause confusion. The coaches would have set a game plan and the players need to follow that only. Therefore, please bear this in mind when encouraging and driving your children.
- In between the games, when the coaches are talking to their players and preparing them for the next game, we are kindly requesting the parents to allow them space to themselves.
- Our coaches will be under pressure during the day and will have to make numerous decisions. Please be rest assured that the coaches will try their utmost and take the best decisions possible and we request parents to avoid any form of intervention.Kindly read through the SJFA Parents Code of Conduct.
As per usual, all SJFA players/coaches/parents are ambassadors of Stanmore Jafferys and we expect the highest standards of Akhlaq throughout the games, on and off the pitch.
The respective Tier managers and coaches have spent numerous hours going through the selection process. Several factors have been taken into consideration and they have made a final decision to the best of their judgment. SJFA fully supports and signs off the final choice and we are sure everyone, players and parents alike, will respect this choice.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inshallah we pray there are no medical emergencies, but to prepare for this we have decided upon the following;
- It is compulsory for the player to bring any medication or emergency medication he requires on the day with him clearly labelled. “Should a player not have their medication with them on the day, they will not be allowed to participate in the tournament for their personal safety. There is no compromise on this.”
- This may be inhalers with a spacer mask if required, Epi-Pens, anti-histamines etc.
- He has to show this to his respective coach on the day. Please note he will not be allowed to play until his coach has had sight of his medication.
- It is important that the medication is accessible to him on the day, hence it should be clearly labelled and with him throughout the tournament.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Sarfraz Valjy – 07984 003005
- Abbas Khatau – 07917 771528
- Mohamed Valjy – 07904 059070
SJFA will have dedicated personnel for photography/video and will publish the material on SJFA social media as per usual protocol. Anything that parents capture over and above the SJFA material, please do share with us so that we can filter and publish a selection from this as well. Kindly contact email@example.com after the tournament and we will advise process of sharing.
SJFA MAMT 2019 SQUADS
SJFA reserve the right to make changes during the run up to the MAMT tournament and during the course of the tournament without prior notification.
Salaams & Duas
SJFA “ONE TEAM”