Following the success of our Teams challenge last year, SJ Running is delighted to bring back our fun filled challenge for the start of 2022 and to help keep you motivated over winter! Open to walkers this this year, the challenge is designed to provide a supportive environment for people to stay active and create sustainable habits.
First be straight with me, tell me, what will I not be asked to do?
- You will not be asked to walk/run a distance greater than 3km on a single activity.
- You will not be asked to walk/run a particular time.
- You will walk/run as much (or as little) as you want (hopefully a lot!).
Okay, this sounds too be good to be true, so what is it?
You will be assigned into one of two teams competing against each other every week for 4 weeks. Within your teams you will motivate each other to get moving! Each walk/run completed will earn a fixed number of points (regardless of distance and time). And each week we will bring a new twist.
I am interested, tell me more.
- Enter our teams challenge using the sign up below by 11pm Friday 28th
- At 8pm on Saturday 29th January we will have our live draft team pick, outlining the rules in detail.
- You will then be split into 2 WhatsApp Groups to serve for motivation. You have SJ Running’s added assurance they will be temporary for this challenge.
- Record your run on Strava.
- Each Sunday night we will announce the winner of the week. Each week will be a new head-to-head with the teams. The challenge will run from 31 Jan to 27 Feb.
So, what are the rules?
- Walks/runs can be both indoors and outdoors, minimum of 3km.
- Runners must make their profile visible on Strava to allow recording of points. If you do not wish to use Strava then you must provide your team captain with evidence of your run.
- At the sign-up stage you will have the option of defining yourself as a walker or runner. If you plan to flex between the two, please pick the activity that you will most likely undertake this month.
- The challenge is open to gents.
I’m down, where do I sign up?