Following the success of our Teams challenges over the past two years, SJ Running is delighted to bring back our fun filled challenge at the start of 2023 to help keep you moving over winter! Similar to last year, this will be open to both runners and walkers to provide a supportive environment for people to stay active and create sustainable habits.
Let’s recap, what will I not be asked to do?
- You will not be asked to walk/run a distance greater than 3km on a single activity.
- You will not be asked to walk/run at any particular time.
- You will walk/run as much (or as little) as you want (hopefully a lot!).
Okay, this sounds good, so how does this challenge work?
You will be assigned into one of two teams competing against each other every week for 4 weeks. Within your teams, you will motivate each other to get moving! Each walk/run completed will earn a fixed number of points (regardless of distance and time). And each week we will bring a new twist.
I am interested, tell me more.
- Enter our teams challenge using the sign up below by 11pm, Friday 20th January
- We will do a random team allocation and send out the groupings. You will then be split into 2 WhatsApp Groups to serve for motivation. You have SJ Running’s added assurance they will be temporary for this challenge.
- Ensure that you record your walk/run on Strava.
- Each Sunday night we will announce the winner of the week. Each week will be a new head-to-head with the teams. The challenge will run from 30 Jan to 26 Feb.
So, what are the rules?
- Walks/runs can be both indoors and outdoors, minimum of 3km.
- Participants must make their profile visible on Strava to allow recording of points. If you do not wish to use Strava then you must provide your team captain with evidence of your run.
- At the sign-up stage you will have the option of defining yourself as a walker or runner. If you plan to flex between the two, please pick the activity that you will most likely undertake this month.
- The challenge is open to gents only.
I’m down, where do I sign up?