Dear SJ Members
We have received an invitation for the UNITY GAMES 2019 to take place 24th – 29th December in Dubai. The invitation was received earlier this week and the SJ Gents EC in collaboration with the SJ Gents Sports Heads are devising a plan for the logistics, registration and selection processes.
Whilst these discussions are taking place immediately after the Eid Celebrations, at this stage we would like to inform the SJ community of the top level information about the tournament and the next steps in SJ’s planning process on the gents side:
- 24th – 29th December 2019
- Table Tennis
There are plans to host a Khoja Professional & Entrepreneurs Networking Event coinciding with the Festival.
Timelines/Deadlines from the Host
- 30th June Confirmation for intention to participate
- 30th June Confirmation of golfers and cyclists
- 30th August Detailed List of squads and payment of fees
Timelines for SJ (Initial)
- 10th June Detailed email with information, processes, criteria and financial information together with interest registration form. (Please note, the registration does not guarantee selection)
- 23rd June Deadline for Interest Registration forms
We are currently looking for a coordinator who will to lead and manage the full contingent going to Dubai. If you are interested, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Unity Games is also open to Ladies; our SJ Ladies Sports Team will be sending out a separate communique, so please look out for it.
As you can see we will have to operate within very stringent timescales and deadlines. Please rest assure SJ will ensure information is turned around and communicated as aptly and timely as possible at all times.
Many thanks in advance for your co-operation.
Salaams & Duas